At Rolling Stone Granite Tennessee, our customers know they can count on us to provide high-quality materials for their remodeling, renovation, or construction projects. One feature that we’re passionate about is Shaker-style cabinets, and below, we’ll go over a few of the main aspects that set this cabinet style apart from others.
- Simple yet elegant design. Shaker cabinets feature simple, clean lines that add beauty to any room and make them versatile enough to suit practically any interior design style, from sleek contemporary to farmhouse chic.
- Classic construction. The unique frame of Shaker-style cabinets makes them easily identifiable. The doors and drawer faces feature a flat central panel that is framed by four additional panels to give depth to the cabinet face. Shaker cabinets’ frame panels are generally wider than other framed cabinet face styles, which many find more visually appealing.
- Noteworthy durability. Shaker cabinets are known for being sturdy and durable, owing largely to the fact that they are usually made with high-quality materials like hardwood or durable composites.
- Unbeatable versatility. When it comes to versatility, it’s hard to beat Shaker cabinets. Switching out the hardware or adding a fresh coat of paint or stain can completely change the look of Shaker cabinets, which makes customization easy for current and future owners.
- Natural beauty. Although composite options are available, many believe that the Shaker style is best shown off with natural woods where the grain and innate beauty of the wood can be appreciated due to the simple, clean design. Cherry, maple, birch, and chestnut are all popular hardwoods for Shaker cabinets.
To learn more about Shaker cabinets and how they can enhance your next renovation or remodel, reach out to our team or visit our showroom.