If you’re a homeowner seeking a durable and aesthetically pleasing option for flooring, you’ve likely heard that luxury vinyl plank flooring is an outstanding choice. If you already have luxury vinyl plank flooring in your home, you can attest to its beauty and durability. This type of flooring is popular thanks to its easy maintenance, but it still requires some basic upkeep. Read on to learn some ways to keep your luxury vinyl plank flooring looking its best.
- Use doormats or entry rugs to collect dirt and debris from shoes as people enter your home. Sweep or vacuum the main areas once per day to keep dirt and debris from accumulating.
- Clean up spills as soon as you discover them with a soft cloth or paper towel – luxury vinyl plank flooring is water-resistant, but spills left for an extended time can still cause damage.
- Once per week, lightly mop your luxury vinyl plank flooring with a mild cleaner.
- Use a soft brush to go around the edges of the room to collect any grime that has accumulated there over the course of the week.
- Deep clean your luxury vinyl plank flooring once per month with a cleaner designed specifically for this type of flooring.
- During your deep cleaning, inspect the flooring for any signs of damage or wear and tear, and address any problem areas promptly.
- Consider using furniture leg protectors to keep heavy items like your couch or tables from scratching the luxury vinyl plank flooring.
- Avoid walking on your luxury vinyl plank flooring with high heels on, especially stilettos.
- Use curtains or blinds to help shield your flooring from intense sunlight during the day.